Job Number: 1113
Interim Director of Nursing Job Description
RN: $49/Hr.- $53/Hr.
Education & Credentials:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current licensure as an RN or LPN in the State of Iowa by the Iowa Board of Nursing, without restrictions, is required
- At least 1-year experience as a Director of Nursing services
- Current CPR certification required
- May not be a debarred provider
The Director of Nursing assists in the supervision and administration of quality nursing care for the facility. The Director of Nursing must possess a comprehensive knowledge of general nursing, theory and practice, including basic knowledge related to nursing such as drugs, biological, physical, social, and medical sciences and their application for a better understanding of resident-care problems. A good memory and excellent communication skills are required. The Director of Nursing will assist in maintaining a physical, social, and psychological environment which will be conducive to the best interest and welfare of the resident.